All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA nutrition expert and an award-winning journalist offer their comprehensive diet plan--with recipes--for achieving weight control without sacrificing appetite.
- Author BiographyBarbara Rolls, Ph.D., is professor of nutritional sciences and the Helen A. Guthrie Chair of Nutritional Sciences at Pennsylvania State University, where she heads the Laboratory for the Study of Human Ingestive Behavior. A veteran nutrition researcher and past president of both the Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior and the Obesity Society, Dr. Rolls has been honored throughout her career with numerous awards, including Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and honorary membership in the American Dietetic Association. In 2010 she received the Obesity Society's highest honor, the George A. Bray Founders Award, and was elected to the American Society for Nutrition's Fellows Class of 2011. She is the author of more than 250 research articles and six books, including The Volumetrics Weight Control Plan and The Volumetrics Eating Plan. She lives in State College, Pennsylvania. Mindy Hermann, R.D., is a writer who specializes in collaborative projects on cooking, food, and nutrition with researchers, health professionals, and chefs. The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet is her tenth book. She lives in Mount Kisco, New York. Barbara Rolls, Ph.D, holds the endowed Guthrie Chair of Nutrition at Penn State, has been president of the North American Association for the Study of Obesity and the Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior, and has served on the advisory council of the National Institutes of Health's Institute of Diabetes and Digestion and Kidney Diseases. She is the author of three professional books on food and nutrition and more than 170 academic articles. Coauthor Robert A. Barnett is an award-winning journalist who specializes in food and nutrition. He is the author of Tonics (HarperPerennial, 1997), coauthor of The Guilt-Free Comfort Food Cookbook (Thomas Nelson, 1996), and editor of The American Health Food Book (Dutton, 1991).
- Author(s)Barbara J. Rolls,Robert A. Barnett
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/12/2000
- GenreFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £9.05Trending at £10.20
- £12.70Trending at £13.39
- £9.79Trending at £10.30
- £11.95Trending at £12.44
- £7.14Trending at £7.73
- £9.94Trending at £10.94
- £10.82Trending at £11.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.