Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.54
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.34Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £14.89Trending at £17.25
About this product
- DescriptionIt is hard to love the high, cold plains of the American West. They are vast and harsh. And perhaps because they are so hard to love, prairies challenge the imaginative mind and the adventurous heart. This book reveals how writers and photographers in the country have met that challenge and given the genius of the prairie a vision and a voice.
- Author BiographyAnnick Smith is the author of several books, most recently In This We Are Native: On Going Away and Coming Home and Homestead. She is coeditor of the Montana anthology The Last Best Place and an award-winning story writer. Susan O'Connor, a philanthropist and arts advocate, is on the board of the American Prairie Foundation and is involved with other literary, environmental, and social justice nonprofit organizations. She lives in Missoula, Montana. Contributors: Rick Bass, Mary Clearman Blew, Judy Blunt, Lois Conner, David James Duncan, Gretel Ehrlich, Dan Flores, Richard Ford, Lee Friedlander, James Galvin, Ian Glennie, Jim Harrison, Richard Hugo, Fredericka Hunter, Geoffrey James, William Kittredge, Barry Lopez, Richard Manning, Peter Matthiessen, Thomas McGuane, Susan O'Connor, Annick Smith, M. L. Smoker, Stephenie Ambrose Tubbs, and James Welch.
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note32 photographs
- Weight1383 g
- Width235 mm
- Height273 mm
- Edited byAnnick Smith,Susan O'Connor
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.