All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight782 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited bySimon C. Smith
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction; Labour's return to power, nuclear sharing, Rhodesia, and the escalation of the Vietnam War, March 1964-March 1966; Dissociation, NATO, and the continuing crisis in Rhodesia, March 1966-January 1967; The Wilson-Kosygin talks, crisis in the Middle East, the defence review, and the devaluation of Sterling, January-December 1967; Withdrawal from east of Suez, Wilson's visit to Moscow, gold and monetary crises, Vietnam peace initiatives, and the end of the Johnson presidency, January 1968-January 1969; Dramatis personae; Further reading; Index.
- Author BiographySimon C. Smith is Professor of International History at the University of Hull. His publications include: British Relations with the Malay Rulers from Decentralization to Malayan Independence, 1930-1957 (1995); British Imperialism, 1750-1970 (1998); Kuwait, 1950-1965: Britain, the al-Sabah and Oil (1999); Britain's Revival and Fall in the Gulf: Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, and the Trucial States, 1950-1971 (2004); British Documents on the End of Empire: Malta (2006); Reassessing Suez: New Perspectives on the Crisis and its Aftermath (2008); Ending Empire in the Middle East: Britain, the United States and Post-war Decolonization, 1945-1973 (2012). He is currently working on a book on Britain's post-imperial relations with the Gulf.
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.19
- £10.50Trending at £14.48
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.