All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUniversal Studios resurrects the classic lycanthrope with this tale of an American who experiences an unsettling transformation after returning to his ancestral home in Victorian-era Great Britain and being attacked by a rampaging werewolf. His brother having recently vanished without a trace, haunted nobleman Lawrence Talbot (Benicio Del Toro) returns to his family estate to investigate. What he discovers upon reuniting with his estranged father (Anthony Hopkins), however, is a destiny far darker than his blackest nightmares. As a young boy, the untimely death of his mother caused Talbot to grow up before his time. Though Talbot would attempt to bury his pain in the past by leaving the quiet Victorian hamlet of Blackmoor behind, the past returns with a vengeance when his brother's fiancée, Gwen Conliffe (Emily Blunt), convinces him to return home and aid the search for his missing brother. But something monstrous has been stalking the residents of Blackmoor from the nighttime shadows, something not quite human. Not even recently arrived Scotland Yard inspector Aberline (Hugo Weaving) can dream up a rational explanation for the gruesome spell that has been cast over Blackmoor, yet rumors of an ancient curse persist to this very day. According to legend, the afflicted will experience a horrific transformation by the light of the full moon, their animal rage becoming far too powerful for their human bodies to contain. Now, the woman Talbot loves is in mortal danger, and in order to protect her he must venture into the moonlit woods and destroy the beast before it destroys her. But this isn't your typical hunt, because before the beast can be slain, a simple man will uncover a primal side of himself that he never knew existed. SEVEN Screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker pens a film directed by Joe Johnston (JUMANJI) and featuring creature effects by special-effects makeup legend Rick Baker (AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON).
- Leading Role 1Benicio Del Toro
- Director 1Joe Johnston
- Leading Role 2Anthony Hopkins
- Leading Role 3Emily Blunt
- Additional Roles byHugo Weaving,Art Malik
- ProducerBenicio Del Toro,Sean Daniel,Scott Stuber,Rick Yorn
- ScreenwriterAndrew Kevin Walker,David Self
- Score ComposerPaul Haslinger
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2010
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesArabic,Danish,English,Finnish,German,Icelandic,Norwegian,Swedish,Turkish
- Running Time98 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- dogwithblackeye04 Oct, 2011by
mmmmmmmm i cant make my mind up about this film. the story and the acting are very good, but the actual wolf man appears as the old vintage one who looks more like a man than a wolf. watchable.
- nathafler21 Jul, 2011by
okish don't want to recommend to others as I'm dead in the middle, so no.
3.5 out of 5, not bad, but in werewolf movies not the best. The original with Oliver Reed was probably just as good.
- 728190734@delet...04 Mar, 2011by
I love this film. It is like an old fashioned Hammer film, gothic and atmospheric. A lot of films these days rely on gore to achieve horror, but you don't need to.
- duncan2ooo12 Nov, 2010by
Worth a watch
After seeing a trailer of this film I decided it may be a good watch, unfortunately was left a little disappointed. Dont get me wrong I would recommend others to watch, my disappointment was more down to the poor visual effect of the werewolf/wolfman (very much a low budget feeling) none the less I did find myself wanting to keep watching although a touch predictable ending. All in all I still would recommend watching just dont expects the best special effects.
- patsywombatfaga...13 Sep, 2010by
enjoyed the film a must for werewolf fans a new take on old film .me i preffered original very good but could have been much better
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £16.85Trending at £19.48
- £8.99Trending at £12.99
- £19.57Trending at £21.21
- £8.97Trending at £13.00
- £12.99Trending at £13.82
- £12.98Trending at £28.48
- £9.99Trending at £13.21