CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionAn insider's account of lucha libre, the popular Mexican version of professional wrestling. It explores lucha libre as a cultural performance, an occupational subculture, and a set of symbols that circulate through Mexican culture and politics. It shows how a sport imported from the US in the 1930s came to be an iconic symbol of Mexican culture.
- Author BiographyHeather Levi is Visiting Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Temple University.
- Author(s)Heather Levi
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2008
- GenreBoxing & Combat Sports
- Series TitleAmerican Encounters/Global Interactions
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note18 b&w illustrations, 1 table
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.