All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty years ago, the most common cause of death for humanitarians and other aid workers was traffic accidents; today, it is violent attacks. The World's Emergency Room: The Growing Threat to Doctors, Nurses, and Humanitarian Workers documents this dangerous trend, demonstrates the need to reverse it, and explores how that can be accomplished.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL VANROOYEN is the co-founder and director of the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, a professor at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health, and the vice chairman of emergency medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. Over the past 25 years, he has served as an emergency physician in conflict zones and disaster areas in more thirty countries including Bosnia, Chad, Darfur-Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Haiti, Iraq, North Korea, Rwanda, and Somalia.
- Author(s)Michael VanRooyen
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/04/2016
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note10 black and white photographs
- Weight408 g
- Width154 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £10.87Trending at £13.85
- £7.79Trending at £8.37
- £6.04Trending at £6.49
- £10.31Trending at £11.84
- £6.75Trending at £7.01
- £5.79Trending at £6.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.