All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is an examination of Sholmye-Zanvil Rappaport, known as An-sky (1863-1920), the author of the best known play in the Hebrew and Yiddish languages, The Dybbuk .
- Author BiographyGabriella Safran is Associate Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures at Stanford University. She is the author of the prize-winning book Rewriting the Jew: Assimilation Narratives in the Russian Empire (Stanford University Press, 2000). Steven J. Zipperstein is the Daniel E. Koshland Professor in Jewish Culture and History and Director of the Taube Center for Jewish Studies at Stanford University. He has published widely on modern Jewish history, and he is at work on a cultural history of East European and Russian Jewry from the eighteenth century to the present.
- Author(s)Stanford University
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note25 illustrations
- Weight826 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byGabriella Safran,Steven J. Zipperstein
Best selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £11.18Trending at £13.69
- £13.58Trending at £26.35
- £9.63Trending at £10.53
- £5.57Trending at £5.88
- £7.83Trending at £8.42
- £7.30Trending at £14.31
- £8.57Trending at £9.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.