All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished on the occasion of Richard C Levin's retirement as president of Yale University, this collection of speeches and essays reflects both his varied intellectual passions and his deep commitment to university life and leadership. It also captures the essence of university leadership.
- Author BiographyRichard C. Levin, the Frederick William Beinecke Professor of Economics, is the twenty-second president of Yale University. Before becoming president in 1993, he taught economics at Yale for two decades, chaired the economics department, and served as dean of the Graduate School. Levin serves on President Obama's Council of Advisors for Science and Technology. He is a director of the Hewlett Foundation, ClimateWorks, and American Express. He served on a bipartisan commission to recommend improvements in the nation's intelligence capabilities, and he co-chaired a major review of the nation's patent system for the National Academy of Sciences. He holds honorary degrees from Harvard, Princeton, Oxford, Peking, Tokyo, and Waseda universities, as well as the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Author(s)Richard C. Levin
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note5 colour illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.77Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.