All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHas life ever ganged up on you, hit you from behind and forced you to become a totally new person? It happens to Jamie. The day his dad is killed. Suddenly, he and his mother must travel from their Los Angeles home to a remote Scottish island to bury him. Here, Jamie finds himself at the heart of ancient feuds where even his life is at risk.
- Author BiographyKen Howard was educated at University College School, London and Edinburgh University. He trained with Granada TV and for several years in the Drama department of BBC TV. His directing career has spanned drama, documentary and the arts with a particular emphasis on children's programming. Braveheart and Today I Am a Man both won the Royal Television Society Award for Best Children's Programme and were followed by You've Got A Friend on children's imaginary friends, Listen to Meabout deaf children and Open Mind dealing with child psychotherapy. Ken wrote and directed the award-winning BBC dramas A Penny For Your Dreams, John Lennon: A Journey in the Life and Sunny Stories on Enid Blyton. He has won and been nominated for many of the most prestigious broadcasting awards, including Emmy and BAFTA. Ken is also a celebrated composer with over 40 international hits and many million-selling discs to his credit and was the first British writer to write hits for Elvis Presley. West End musicals include The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Mardi Gras and Matilda. Numerous TV scores include Miss Marple, The Flame Trees of Thika, Shadowlands and By The Sword Divided. He devised the board game, Sophie's World, for his company, Sophisticated Games, which also publishes the million-selling Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Beowolf, Ingenious and Golden Compass games. He is a director of Landseer Productions in London.
- Author(s)Ken Howard
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTamarind Books
- Out-of-print date31/07/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight216 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9 from 9 to 11 To 11
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £17.05Trending at £22.17
- £13.15Trending at £13.30
- £4.58Trending at £7.04
- £9.99Trending at £10.39
- £4.99Trending at £8.31
- £13.95Trending at £14.51
- £6.86Trending at £6.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.