All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on a wide range of plays, Theater of a City shows how the stage imaginatively shaped and responded to the changing face of early modern London.
- Author BiographyJean E. Howard is George Delacorte Professor in the Humanities at Columbia University. She is the author of The Stage and Social Struggle in Early Modern England and (with Phyllis Rackin) Engendering a Nation: A Feminist Account of Shakespeare's English Histories. She is general editor of The Bedford Texts and Contexts Shakespeare Series and coeditor (with Stephen Greenblatt, Walter Cohen, and Katharine Eisaman Maus) of The Norton Shakespeare.
- Author(s)Jean E. Howard
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2009
- GenreLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note18 illus.
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.90Trending at £9.44
- £8.77Trending at £9.01
- £4.16Trending at £4.79
- £3.20Trending at £4.56
- £4.99Trending at £5.41
- £7.65Trending at £8.56
- £5.96Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.