All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £18.74Trending at £24.84
- £25.98Trending at £27.14
- £4.41Trending at £4.74
- £8.99Trending at £9.59
- £8.94Trending at £9.22
- £23.93Trending at £24.69
- £14.88Trending at £15.33
About this product
- Author(s)Fausto Rossi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication24/02/2013
- Series TitleNanoscience and Technology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight605 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Table Of ContentsFundamentals of Semiconductor Materials and Devices.- Part I: Microscopic Modelling.- The Density-Matrix Approach.- Three Key Approximation Levels.- Generalization to Systems with Open Boundaries.- Part II: Simulation Strategies.- Direct or Deterministic Integration Techniques.- Monte Carlo or Stochastic Sampling.- Proper Combinations of Direct and Monte Carlo Schemes.- Part III: State-of-the-Art Quantum Devices - Key Examples.- Quantum-Well Infrared Photodetectors.- Quantum-Cascade Lasers.- Part IV: New-Generation Nanomaterials and Nanodevices.- Few-Electron/Exciton Quantum Devices.- Semiconductor-Based Quantum Logic Gates.- New Frontiers of Electronic and Optoelectronic Device Physics and Technology.
- Author BiographyFausto Rossi was born in Carpi (Italy) on 12/05/1962. Education: Laurea in Physics in 1988 at the University of Modena (110/110 cum Laude) and Ph.D. in Physics at the University of Parma in 1993. Present appointment: Full Professor of Matter Physics at the Polytechnic University of Torino. Prof. Rossi has published more than 200 research articles on international journals and books; he has been an invited lecturer at over 80 international conferences, workshops and schools. He has served as member of the Editorial Board of the Institute of Physics (IOP) and he is currently member of the International Semiconductor Commission (C8) of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP). His research activity includes: Theoretical investigation of ultrafast processes in bulk and low-dimensional semiconductors. Analysis of quantum-transport phenomena in the high-field regime. Study of the linear and non-linear optical response of quantum-wires and dots in the presence of Coulomb-correlation effects. Analysis of few-electron phenomena in artificial macroatoms. Microscopic modelling of state-of-the-art optoelectronic quantum devices, like quantum-cascade lasers. Implementation of quantum information processing with semiconductor nanostructures. Broad experience in the formal theory of stochastic simulations.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.