All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 312 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1692 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byHoon Jai Chun,Myung-Gyu Choi,Suk-Kyun Yang
- Table Of Contents1. Endoscopic treatment for esophageal varices.- 2. Endoscopic treatment for gastric varices.- 3. Endoscopic treatment for nonvariceal upper GI bleeding.- 4. Endoscopic treatment for lower GI bleeding.- 5. Endoscopic mucosal resection for upper GI neoplasia.- 6. Endoscopic submucosal dissection for esophageal neoplasia.- 7. Endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric neoplasia.- 8. Colonoscopic polypectomy.- 9. Endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal neoplasia.- 10. Ablation therapy for gastrointestinal neoplasia.- 11. Endoscopic treatment for Achalasia.- 12. Endoscopic dilation of esophageal strictures.- 13. Stent placement for malignant esophageal obstruction.- 14. Endoscopic dilation and stenting for pyloric strictures.- 15. Endoscopic dilation and stenting for colorectal stricture.- 16. Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy.- 17. Enteral tube placement.- 18. Endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal leaks.- 19. Removal of gastrointestinal foreign bodies.- 20. Therapeutic small bowel endoscopy.- 21. Therapeutic endoscopic ultrasonography.
- Author BiographyHoon Jai Chun is Professor and Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea. Dr. Chun has established various methods of endoscopic treatment for gastrointestinal diseases and holds numerous patents related to endoscopic diagnostic and therapeutic devices. Furthermore, he has undertaken research studies on prevention and treatment of functional gastrointestinal disease, Helicobacter pylori infectionand gastrointestinal cancer. Dr. Chun has served as Secretary General of the Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Secretary General of the Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Cancer. He is a Fellow of both the American Gastroenterological Association (AGAF) and the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (FASGE).Dr. Chun is also a member of many international gastroenterology societies, including the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) and Japan Gastroenterological Endoscopy Society (JGES), and is a Fellow of both the American Gastroenterological Association (AGAF) and the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (FASGE).He has published more than 400 full scientific articles in the foremost journals and written numerous book chapters. Dr. Chun has also been an editor and a reviewer of more than 15 prestigious international journals. His contributions to the medical sciences and academic advancement have been recognized with many domestic and international academic awards. Myung-Gyu Choi graduated from the College of Medicine, the Catholic University of Korea, in 1982 and completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at St. Mary's Hospital of the Catholic University of Korea. After obtaining his PhDfrom the same graduate schoolin 1993, he served as a visiting scientist at the Mayo Clinic, USA from 1995 to 1997. He is currently Director of the Gastroenterology Center of Seoul St. Mary's Hospital and Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at The Catholic University of Korea. Dr. Choi is a pre-eminent leader in gastroenterology, with a particular interest in clinical endoscopy and enteric neuroscience. He is current President of the Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and was President of the Korean Society of Neurogastroenterology and Motility from 2007 to 2009. Dr. Choi has served as leader of the Korean Gut Image Study Group during the past decade, which has overseen the National Capsule Endoscopy Registry. He has also made important contributions in developing diagnostic and treatment guidelines for gastrointestinal diseases in Korea. He has published over 200 original articles in national and international journals. Suk-KyunYang is Professor of Gastroenterology at University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Director of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea. Dr. Yang earned his MD at Seoul National University College of Medicine and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Seoul National University Hospital and his fellowship in Gastroenterology at Asan Medical Center. He obtained his postdoctoral research fellowship at the Mucosal Immunology Laboratory of University of California, San Diego.Dr.Yang is an active member of the Korean Association for the Study of Intestinal Diseases (KASID) and serves as president of the KASID.He has also served as a board member of many national societies, including the Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the Korean Society of Gastroenterology.Dr. Yang has published over 200 original articles and has written numerous book chapters. He has also written two colonoscopic atlases: Colonoscopic Diagnosis (Koonja Publishing, 1999) and Colonoscopy:Diagnosis and Treatment (Koonja Publishing, 2009). His research interests include the epidemiology,genetics, and endoscopic diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.80Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.