All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Joyce C. Mills,Richard J. Crowley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2014
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 69 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPart I: Prisms of Metaphor. Chapter 1: The Nature of Metaphor. Chapter 2: Metaphor in Child Therapy. Chapter 3: Ingredients of Storywriting. Part II: Creating Therapeutic Metaphors. Chapter 4: Gathering Information. Chapter 5: Learning the Language of the Child. Chapter 6: Three-Level Communication: Bringing It All Together. Part III: Multidimensioal Applications. Chapter 7: The Artistic Metaphor. Chapter 8: Cartoon Therapy. Part IV: Evolutions. Chapter 9: Expanding Individual Therapy to Community Healing. Chapter 10: StoryPlay Therapy(R). Epilogue: Peace and Beauty.
- Author BiographyJoyce C. Mills, PhD, is an award-winning, internationally recognized trainer, author, play therapist, consultant, and program development specialist. Founder of StoryPlay(R) Global and the StoryPlay(R) Certification Training Program, Dr. Mills is a co-director of the Phoenix Institute of Ericksonian Therapy and an adjunct faculty member of Argosy University in Phoenix, Arizona, and is on the board of directors of the Turtle Island Project. The author of numerous chapters in leading professional books, Dr. Mills is the co-author and author of eight books, including Reconnecting to the Magic of Life, The Butterfly Wisdom(R) Transformation Kit, Little Tree, and Gentle Willow. Richard J. Crowley, LCSW, PhD, has completed fellowships in community mental health and internships at Harvard University's medical and psychiatric facilities. Author of Mentalball(TM): Beat Your Invisible Opponent at Its Own Game, Dr. Crowley is an internationally recognized sports psychologist and performance coach whose patent-pending process removes mental blocks not reached by other means. He is co-creator and developer of Imagine All Better, a life-changing mobile and web app designed to remove emotional and behavioral patterns. Dr. Crowley can be reached at ImagineAllBetter.com and Sportsmaker.com.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
- £9.91Trending at £11.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.