All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDefinitive and wide-ranging, this international review of therapeutic residential child care covers the latest research on how it works, how much it costs compared with the outcomes it delivers and how to deliver this effective form of care for the most troubled children in public care.
- Author BiographyJames K. Whittaker is The Charles O. Cressey Endowed Professor of Social Work Emeritus at the University of Washington, Seattle where he has served as a member of senior faculty since 1970. His research and teaching interests encompass child and family policy and services, and the integration of evidence-based practices into contemporary child & family services. Jorge F. del Valle is the Director of the Child and Family Research Group (GIFI) and a professor at the Department of Psychology at University of Oviedo in Spain. Lisa Holmes is Assistant Director of the Centre for Child and Family Research at Loughborough University, UK.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleChild Welfare Outcomes
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight658 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJames K. Whittaker,Jorge Fernandez del Valle,Lisa Holmes
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.