All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's Something About Godel is a lucid and accessible guide to Godel's revolutionary Incompleteness Theorem , considered one of the most astounding argumentative sequences in the history of human thought. It is also an exploration of the most controversial alleged philosophical outcomes of the Theorem.
- Author BiographyFrancesco Berto teaches logic, ontology, and philosophy of mathematics at the universities of Aberdeen in Scotland, and Venice and Milan-San Raffaele in Italy. He holds a Chaire d'Excellence fellowship at CNRS in Paris, where he has taught ontology at the Ecole Normale Superieure, and he is a visiting professor at the Institut Wiener Kreis of the University of Vienna. He has written papers for American Philosophical Quarterly , Dialectica , The Philosophical Quarterly , the Australasian Journal of Philosophy , the European Journal of Philosophy , Philosophia Mathematica , Logique et Analyse , and Metaphysica , and runs the entries Dialetheism and Impossible Worlds in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy . His book How to Sell a Contradiction has won the 2007 Castiglioncello prize for the best philosophical book by a young philosopher.
- Author(s)Francesco Berto
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2009
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight384 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.74
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.