All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe release of Things to Come in 1936 was one of the key moments in the history of science fiction in the cinema. The film was the brainchild of H G Wells. This book shows with illustrations, how the boldness and brilliance of the sets and costumes mark out Things to Come as British cinema's contribution to the science fiction genre.
- Author BiographySir Christopher Frayling was until recently Rector of the Royal College of Art, Chair of Arts Council England, a Trustee of the Victoria and Albert Museum and a Governor of the BFI. An award-winning broadcaster on radio and television, He has written widely on film and culture.
- Author(s)Christopher Frayling
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBFI Film Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations, notes, bibliography
- Weight171 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £123.46
- £6.80Trending at £7.69
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £28.35Trending at £31.99
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.