All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.76Trending at £15.30
- £8.61Trending at £9.99
- £4.50Trending at £4.80
- £14.02Trending at £16.13
- £4.45Trending at £6.08
- £10.12Trending at £13.08
- £18.79Trending at £24.98
About this product
- DescriptionGreat escapes meet greater escapism: how the life of a displaced Jewish actor illuminates the 1963 Hollywood blockbuster.
- Author BiographyBorn in Montreal, Andrew Steinmetz is the author of a memoir (Wardlife: The Apprenticeship of a Young Writer as a Hospital Clerk) and two collections of poetry (Histories and Hurt Thyself). His novel, Eva's Threepenny Theatre, tells the story of his great-aunt Eva who performed in one of first touring productions of Bertolt Brecht's masterpiece The Threepenny Opera, in 1928. An unusual fiction about memoir, Eva's Threepenny Theatre won the 2009 City of Ottawa Book Award and was a finalist for the 2009 Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize. Steinmetz is also the founding editor of Esplanade Books, the fiction imprint at Vehicule Press.
- Author(s)Andrew Steinmetz
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationEmeryville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight314 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.