All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether initiating girls or healing cattle, many in Africa share a vision of a world where the cultural, symbolic and cosmic categories of 'male' and 'female' serve, through ritual, to reimagine and transform the world. This work provides a framework with which to evaluate previous ethnographic material on Africa.
- Author BiographyHenrietta L. Moore is Professor of Anthropology and Director of the Gender Institute and Todd Sanders is Research Fellow in the Department of Anthropology, both at the London School of Economics. Bwire Kaare is Lecturer in the Institute of Finance Management, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleLSE Monographs on Social Anthropology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight391 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBwire Kaare,Henrietta L. Moore,Todd Sanders
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.