All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication03/02/2000
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleContemporary Perspectives in Family Research
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight719 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byB. A. Murrer,Constance L. Shehan,Felix M. Berardo,Johnson Matthey,Michael Abrams
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Table Of ContentsPreface (F.M. Berardo). Introduction. No longer a place for innocence: the re-submergence of childhood in post-industrial societies (C.L. Shehan). Reconceptualizing the Child as Social Actor. Psychology's child meets sociology's child: agency, influence and power in parent-child relationships (L. Kuczynski et al.). Facing the child: rethinking models of agency in parent-child relations (S.J. Knapp). Seeing, hearing, asking: cultural agency and the questioning child (D. Liu). Reconsidering the role of children in family research: conceptual and methodological issues (D.M. Hogan et al.). Active agency and the classroom: studying children's stories in a first grade writing workshop (S.G. Butler). A call from a child: help seeking behavior among early twentieth century American youth (R. LaRossa). Location, leisure, and lifestyle: young people's retreat to home environments (L. Hasluck, K. Malone). The Child-Parent Matrix. Children, Parents, and Time: the dialectics of control (K. Thorpe, K. Daly). In the eye of the beholder: parents' and teachers' ratings of children's behavioral style (K.L. Alexander et al.). Children's appraisals of domestic violence: developmental implications (J. Smith et al.). Children's perceptions of their dual-working mothers and fathers (P. Liossis, P. Noller). The media power of children: case studies of child-family interactions (M. Orleans, A.T. Overton). The Sibling Connection: Peer Relationships in Families. Daily stressors and coping responses of siblings of children with special needs (S.F. Olsen et al.). Insider, participant observer, and outside perspectives on adolescent sibling relationships (J.N. Melby et al.). Children's perceptions of parental responses to sibling quarrels and characteristics of sibling relationships (R.A. Ozretich, A.I. Sugawara).
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
- £32.38Trending at £32.98
- £9.95Trending at £12.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.