All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of theory and algorithms used for the analysis and processing of non-stationary signals, as found in a range of applications including telecommunications and biomedical engineering. It gives the university researchers insight into how to use TFSAP methods to develop engineering application systems that they are looking to implement.
- Author BiographyBoualem Boashash (IEEE Fellow '99') is a Scholar, Professor and Senior Academic with experience in 5 leading Universities in France and Australia and 2 universities in the Middle-East. He has published over 500 technical publications, including over 100 journal papers, 3 books and 3 text-books covering Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Medicine. He was an early pioneer of the field of Time-Frequency Signal Processing and he is currently working on the further development of time-frequency theory and medical applications covering mental health and neurosciences with focus on newborn EEG analysis as well as ECG, HRV and fetal movements for improving health outcomes. Among many initiatives, he founded ISSPA, a leading conference since 1985 and its sister workshop WOSSPA. After founding a leading research group at The University of Queensland, he became the Foundation Professor and Director of the Signal Processing Research Centre at the Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia (1991-2005). He then became the Dean of Engineering at the University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (2006-2009) then Associate Dean, Academic at Qatar University and finally a Research Professor. In addition to the teaching, research and management experience, he also has 3 years industrial experience with Elf-Aquitaine in France at the beginning of his career. He is currently Professor at Qatar University, Department of Electrical Engineering, and the leader of a Biomedical Signal Processing group at the School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. He also developed the first software package for time-frequency signal analysis and processing (TFSAP) regularly updated with his co-workers and used by hundreds of researchers around the world. His work has been cited over 10,000 times. Professor Boashash was a member of ICASSP board, associate editor for the IEEE transactions on signal processing and he is currently a member of the Board of the Elsevier journal Digital Signal Processing.
- Author(s)Boualem Boashash
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 300 illustrations
- Weight1630 g
- Width197 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.29
- £10.25Trending at £11.22
- £12.37Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.95Trending at £24.50
- £30.34Trending at £30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.