All listings for this product
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.32
- £14.58Trending at £20.77
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £8.42Trending at £9.98
- £14.07Trending at £15.02
- £10.82Trending at £13.53
- £9.66Trending at £10.68
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the relationship between time and history and shows how an appreciation of long-term time helps to make sense of the past. This book analyses the way different societies have conceived and interpreted time, and develops a theory of threefold roles of continuity, gradual change, and revolution that together form a 'braided' history.
- Author BiographyPenelope J. Corfield is professor of history at Royal Holloway, University of London. Among her books are Language, History & Class and Power & the Professions in Britain, 1700-1850.
- Author(s)Penelope J. Corfield
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2007
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note24 b&w illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.