All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on research and interviews with union leaders, employers and workers, the author critically analyses a linchpin period between the early rise of independent unionism, following the Durban strikes of 1973, and the growth of mass political unionism in South Africa in the shape of the Congress of South African Trade Unions (1985).
- Author BiographyTracy Carson, a British Marshall Scholar (2004) and U.S. Fulbright Scholar (2008), studied history and graduated with a BA from Northwestern University and a doctorate from Oxford University. She is currently serving as a Presidential Management Fellow for the U.S. federal government and plans to continue contributing to government and community service following her fellowship.
- Author(s)Tracy Carson
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication05/01/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleTrade Unions Past, Present and Future
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note99, num ill.
- Weight470 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £26.06
- £14.58Trending at £21.08
- £14.24Trending at £15.21
- £10.50Trending at £14.54
- £9.85Trending at £10.45
- £10.82Trending at £15.40
- £16.99Trending at £17.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.