All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £13.39Trending at £13.77
- £4.41Trending at £4.52
- £25.99Trending at £28.17
- £8.94Trending at £9.26
- £22.98Trending at £25.49
- £14.54Trending at £15.20
- £23.93Trending at £24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe first of its kind on the topic, this book presents a unified description of topological insulators in one, two and three dimensions based on the modified Dirac equation. Discusses topological invariants and their applications to a variety of systems.
- Author BiographyProfessor Shun-Qing Shen, an expert in the field of condensed matter physics, is distinguished for his research works on spintronics of semiconductors, quantum magnetism and orbital physics in transition metal oxides, and novel quantum states of condensed matters. He proposed the theory of topological Anderson insulator, spin transverse force, resonant spin Hall effect and the theory of phase separation in colossal magnetoresistive (CMR) materials. He proved the existence of antiferromagnetic long-range order and off-diagonal long-range order in itinerant electron systems. Professor Shun-Qing Shen has been a professor of physics at The University of Hong Kong since July 2007. Professor Shen received his BS, MS, and PhD in theoretical physics from Fudan University in Shanghai. He was a postdoctorial fellow (1992 - 1995) in China Center of Advanced Science and Technology (CCAST), Beijing, Alexander von Humboldt fellow (1995 - 1997) in Max Planck Institute for Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany, and JSPS research fellow (1997) in Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan. In December 1997 he joined Department of Physics, The University of Hong Kong. He was awarded Croucher Senior Research Fellowship (Croucher Prize) in 2010.
- Author(s)Shun-Qing Shen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Solid-State Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number174
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight526 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.