All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionTakes us into a world that lies at the heart of the maximum security prison. Focusing on the 'supermaximums' - and the mental health units that complement them, this book conveys the internal contradictions of a system mandated to both punish and treat.
- Author BiographyLorna A. Rhodes, Professor of Anthropology at the University of Washington, is author of Emptying Beds: The Work of an Emergency Psychiatric Unit (California, 1991).
- Author(s)Lorna A. Rhodes
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2004
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCalifornia Series in Public Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note25 b/w photographs
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.