Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis engaging book argues that tourists - be they on a package tour or immersing themselves in local cultures - are not passive consumers of either destinations or their interpretations, but that they actively occupy a multi-sensory, embodied experience.
- Author BiographyDr. Stephen Wearing is an Associate Professor at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS). His research and projects are in the area of Leisure and Tourism Studies, with a PhD focused on sustainable forms of tourism. Stephen has taught at a variety of universities in his career at UTS, including Wageningen University, Netherlands; Newcastle and Macquarie University, Australia. In 2000, he received an excellence in teaching award (UTS) and in 2008 a National Teaching Award while his teaching of international students at the World Leisure's and Tourism International Centre of Excellence (WICE) and Australian Conservation Training Institute (ACTI) has also been applauded. As Chair, Advisor and Board Member of Youth Challenge Australia (YCA) for over 20 years he has overseen its development into an NGO in the area of volunteer tourism and social development, working with communities in 9 developing countries. His work with range of steering committees including the wildlife steering committee for the CRC Sustainable Tourism, Australia; WICE advisory committee on training, Netherlands and the Australian Conservation Training Institute has given him useful experience in his academic career and service to the community. He is a Fellow and Life Member of Parks and Leisure Australasia and editor of its journal.
- Author(s)Deborah Stevenson,Stephen Wearing,Tamara Young
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/10/2009
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.