All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking use of relational systems theory, this book shows that experiences of uncertainty are continually transformed by the regulatory processes of everyday life such as feeling, knowing, forming categories, making decisions, using language, creating narratives, sensing time, remembering, forgetting, and fantasizing.
- Author BiographyDoris Brothers, Ph.D., a psychologist and psychoanalyst with a private practice in New York City, is a cofounder and training and supervising analyst at The Training and Research Institute for Self Psychology. Her previous publications include Falling Backwards: An Exploration of Trust and Self Experience (W. W. Norton, 1995) and The Shattered Self: A Psychoanalytic Study of Trauma (Analytic Press, 1988), which she wrote with Richard B. Ulman. She is currently participating in an online discussion group based on her recent paper Trust, Uncertainty, and Therapeutic Alliance in Trauma-Centered Treatment (http://blogs.confer.uk.com/).
- Author(s)Doris Brothers
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePsychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 27
- Place of PublicationHillsdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnalytic Press,U.S.
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.80Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £10.88Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.