All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Carl L. Keen,Lucille S. Hurley
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/12/2011
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1279 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
- Table Of ContentsSelenium.- The Global Selenium Agenda.- The Predicament - How Should Selenoproteins be Hydrolyzed and Bioavailability Studies with Selenium Conducted?.- Bioavailability of Selenium in Wheat and Mushrooms as Assessed by a Short-term and a Long-term Experiment.- Selenium Status During Recovery from Malnutrition: Effect of Selenium Supplementation.- Selenium and Glutathione Peroxidase in Mothers Experiencing Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.- Selenium Responsive Conditions and the Concentrations of Selenium in Skeletal Muscle in Young Sheep.- Selenium Status Improved Among Elderly Due to Selenium-Enrichment of Fertilizers in Finland.- Apparent Proteolytic Modification of Glutathione Peroxidase.- Electron Transport and Metalloproteins.- Long-Range Electron Transfer in Ruthenium-Modified Proteins.- Factors Controlling the Rates of Electron Transfer in Proteins.- Kinetic Lability of Zn Bound to Metallothionein (Mt) in Ehrlich Cells.- The Cu-Thiolate Cluster in Mutants of Yeast Metallothionein.- Accumulation of Hepatic Zn7 and Zn/Cu Metallothionein in Copper-Loaded Chicks: Isolation and Characterization.- Factors Influencing the Accumulation of Metallothionein in Rat Blood Cells.- Trace Elements and Endocrine/Exocrine Function: Mn, Zn, Se.- Regulation of Pancreatic Exocrine Function by Manganese.- Effect of Manganese Deficiency on Glucose Transport and Insulin Binding in Rat Adipocytes.- Zinc Absorption in Pancreatic Insufficiency.- Identification of Abnormal Sites of Zn Transport and Metabolism in Patients with Sensory and Endocrine Disorders.- Selenium and Selenoproteins in Tissues with Endocrine Functions.- The Effect of Selenium Deficiency on Plasma Thyroid Hormone Concentrations and on Hepatic Tri-Iodothyronine Production.- Chelation and Other Vehicles for Therapy.- Pyridoxal Isonicotinoyl Hydrazone (PIH) and its Analogues: A New Group of Effective Chelators.- Iron Toxicity and Chelating Therapy.- Toxic and Essential Metal Loss During Chelation Therapy of Lead-Poisoned Children.- Use of Metal Chelating Agents to Modulate Ehrlich Cell Growth Multiple Metal-Ligand Interactions.- Effects of Chelating Compounds Formed on Food Processing on Zinc Metabolism in the Rat.- Changes in Zinc Metabolism During the Use of EDTA.- Trace Elements and Immune Function.- Trace Element Deficiencies and Immune Responsiveness.- Immune Responses as Parametres for Selenium Tolerance Determination in Sheep.- The Mobilization of Storage Iron as a Determinant of Refeeding Infection.- Inflammation-Related Changes in Trace Elements, GSH-Metabolism, Prostaglandins, and Sialic Acid in Bovine Mastitis.- The Effects of Dietary Mo on Ovine Host and Intestinal Parasite.- Trace Elements and Endocrine/Exocrine Function: Cu, Ca, I.- Influence of Hormones on Copper Metalloprotein Levels.- Norepinephrine and Dopamine Distribution in Copper-Deficient Mice.- Effect of Copper Deficiency on Enzyme Secretion from Isolated Pancreatic Acini.- Differential Effect of Copper Deficiency on Plasma Atrial Natriuretic Peptides in Male and Female Rats.- Sexual Differences in Copper Deficiency.- Calmodulin Concentration in Tissues of Zinc and Calcium Deficient Rats.- Effects of Calmodulin Inhibitors on the Cellular Metabolism of 45Ca and 210Pb.- Effect of Moderate Environmental Iodine Deficiency on Adolescent Girls.- Mechanisms of Trace Element Transport.- Transport, Subcellular Distribution and Export of Mn(II) in Rat Liver and Hepatocytes.- Extracellular Transport of Trace Elements.- Incorporation of Copper into Superoxide Dismutase in Culture.- The Role of Albumin in Copper Uptake by Hepatocytes and Fibroblasts.- Structure and Function of Transcuprein, in Transport of Copper by Mammalian Blood Plasma.- Differences in Cu-Transport by Hepatocytes and Fibroblasts.- Neonatal and Adult 64Copper Metabolism in the Pig and Its Relationship to Copper Metabolism in Wilson's Disease.- Epidemiological Studies of Trace Element Nutrition in Man and Animals.- The Role of Selenium in Special Endemic D
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.