CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks & Education
Save on Textbooks & Education
- £6.70Trending at £7.69
- £20.89Trending at £26.13
- £21.49Trending at £27.94
- £22.49Trending at £22.89
- £4.59Trending at £5.59
- £4.58Trending at £6.41
- £19.98Trending at £28.99
About this product
- DescriptionEvery Chinese household to some extent uses home remedies. Children are often given a bowlful of soup or brew without any explanation other than eat this, it is good for you. These remedies are t old wives' tales. From time immemorial, food concepts have been a unique part of Chinese culture and science. Through empirical practice, Chinese scholars and pharmacologists have recorded the reasons for eating various foods, and there is sound basis for even the simplest home brew. The recipes for these remedies are seldom found in books. Rather, they were passed down orally from generation to generation. This book preserves these recipes, explains their use and makes them accessible to anyone who wishes to maintain good health the natural, Chinese way.
- Author BiographyNg Siong Mui came from a line of famous restauranteurs and married into one of Singapore's leading herbalist families. She augmented this rich heritage with over 30 years of research into ancient Chinese health concepts. Her other outstanding cookbooks in the series - The Chinese Pregnancy and Confinement Cookbook, and Nutritious Chinese Food for Infants, Children and Youth are in the process of being revised. She is also the author of Secrets of Chinese Nutrition.
- Author(s)Siong Mui Ng
- PublisherLandmark Books Pte.Ltd ,Singapore
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintLandmark Books Pte.Ltd ,Singapore
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Width207 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.