All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTranscultural Teens provides readers with a window onto the cultural and linguistic creativity of the housing projects, or cite s, that ring Paris, showing how young people of Algerian Arab origins play with language in fascinating ways that subvert commonly held notions of intercultural animosity.
- Author BiographyChantal Tetreault is Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Michigan State University, USA. A specialist in linguistic and cultural anthropology, her work focuses on issues relating to migration and social change in France. She has contributed articles to journals such as Language in Society, Journal of Linguistic Anthropology, and Language and Communication.
- Author(s)Chantal Tetreault
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNew Directions in Ethnography
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight434 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.46
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.