All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.77Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
About this product
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleIntercultural Studies and Foreign Language Learning
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight590 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byAlessandra Ramos de Oliveira Harden,Arnd Witte,Theo Harden
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Arnd Witte/Theo Harden/Alessandra Ramos de Oliveira Harden: Introduction - Elke Hentschel: Translation as an Inevitable Part of Foreign Language Acquisition - Heidi Zojer: The Methodological Potential of Translation in Second Language Acquisition: Re-evaluating Translation as a Teaching Tool - Claus Gnutzmann: Translation as Language Awareness: Overburdening or Enriching the Foreign Language Classroom? - Arnd Witte: From Translating to Translation in Foreign Language Learning - Lisa Stiefel: Translation as a Means to Intercultural Communicative Competence - Theo Harden: Accessing Conceptual Metaphors through Translation - Michael Marlein: Improving Syntactical Skills through Translation? Making L2 Word Order Visible in the L1 through Word-by-Word Translations - Graham Howells: Learning, Translating and Teaching Language: Cultural Resonance, Individual Research and the Contribution of Information Technology - Neide Ferreira Gaspar: Translation as a Fifth Skill in EFL Classes at Secondary School Level - Boguslawa Whyatt: Translating as a Way of Improving Language Control in the Mind of an L2 Learner: Assets, Requirements and Challenges of Translation Tasks - Jeanne Van Dyk: Language Learning through Sight Translation - Rossa O'Muireartaigh: Terminology as an Aid to Enhancing Reading Skills - Laura Incalcaterra McLoughlin: Inter-semiotic Translation in Foreign Language Acquisition: The Case of Subtitles - Kar Yue Chan: Teaching Poetry Translation to Undergraduate Students in Hong Kong - Kathleen Thorpe: Zwischen Tur und Angel - Metaphoric Speech and Literary Translation in Second Language Teaching and Learning - Lillian DePaula: Translation as a Learning Well for Teaching - Vera Helena Gomes Wielewicki: Literary Translation and Foreign Language Teacher Education in Brazil: A Possible Path for an Inclusive Education - Harald Weydt: Reading Books with Translations: Getting over the Reading Barrier - Anna Fochi: Talking of Cultural Translation Criticism - Lucia Pintado Gutierrez: A Full Irish Breakfast: Interlanguage Perspective, Intercultural Perspective, or Both? Translation and Second Language Teaching - Valerie Pellatt: Translation as a Reading Comprehension Test: Schemata and the Role of the 'Write it Down Protocol' - Alessandra Ramos De Oliveira Harden: The Rules of the Game: Translation as a Privileged Learning Resource - Simone Schroth: 'You can say you to me' - The Concept of 'du' vs. 'Sie' in Language-learning Material - Nobuko Tahara: Translation Difficulties of Anaphoric Nouns and Nominalisations.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Arnd Witte is Senior Lecturer in German and Head of Department at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Ireland. He has published widely in the area of second language acquisition, particularly German as a Foreign Language. His specific research area is the acquisition of intercultural competence. Theo Harden is Professor of Linguistics and Second Language Studies at University College Dublin, Ireland. He has published widely in the area of second language acquisition, particularly German as a Second Language. His research area is the acquisition of conceptual metaphors in a second language. Alessandra Ramos de Oliveira Harden is Lecturer in Translation Studies at the Universidade de Brasilia, Brazil, and doctoral student at University College Dublin, Ireland. She has published widely in the area of legal translation. Her research area is the history of translation in Brazil.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.