All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an ethnographic study of China/US adoption, the largest contemporary intercountry adoption program. This book also follows the path of the adoption process: the institutions in both China and the US that prepare children and parents for each other; the practices that legitimate them coming together as transnational families; and more.
- Author BiographySara K. Dorow is Assistant Professor of Sociology at the University of Alberta. She is the author of When You Were Born in China: A Memory Book for Children Adopted in China and I Wish for You a Beautiful Life: Letters from the Korean Birth Mothers of Ae Ran Won to Their Children.
- Author(s)Sara K. Dorow
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNation of Nations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Note9 illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.11
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.42Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.