All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransnational Legal Orders offers an empirically grounded approach to the emergence of legal orders beyond nation-states that reframes the study of law and society.
- Author BiographyTerence C. Halliday is a codirector of the Center on Law and Globalization and a research professor at the American Bar Foundation. He is the author or editor of numerous books on professions, globalization, law, markets, and politics. His articles have appeared in the American Journal of Sociology, the American Sociological Review, the British Journal of Sociology, the Law and Society Review, Law and Social Inquiry, and the Asian Journal of Law and Society. He is the winner of multiple prizes from the American Sociological Association for his 2009 book Bankrupt (with Bruce Carruthers). Halliday is the 2013 recipient of the Podgerecki Prize for distinguished scholarship from the International Sociological Association's Research Committee on the Sociology of Law. Gregory Shaffer is Chancellor's Professor of Law at the University of California, Irvine, School of Law. He is vice president of the American Society of International Law and its representative to the American Council of Learned Societies. He directs the Law and Society Association's Collaborative Research Network on Transnational and Global Legal Ordering. Shaffer is chair of the Association of American Law Schools Section on Economic Globalization and Governance. His most recent publications include Transnational Legal Ordering and State Change (Cambridge, 2013), Dispute Settlement at the WTO (2011), Regulating Risk in the Global Economy (2008), Defending Interests: Public-Private Partnerships in WTO Litigation (2003) and more than eighty articles and book chapters.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/03/2016
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Law and Society
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note31 b/w illus. 15 tables
- Weight740 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byGregory Shaffer,Terence C. Halliday
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £15.62Trending at £17.56
- £15.77Trending at £16.55
- £12.07Trending at £12.65
- £14.28Trending at £16.72
- £7.54Trending at £10.32
- £6.58Trending at £6.76
- £6.41Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.