All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- DescriptionCombining Western-style car chases and Hong Kong-inspired fight sequences choreographed by martial arts legend Cory Yuen, the Luc Besson-created TRANSPORTER films have found international success as a sort of working-class James Bond series. Jason Statham, who has become the go-to guy for big-budget B-movie thrills, returns once again as Frank Martin, the driver-for-hire for whom no job is too risky. Brimming with the usual jaw-dropping stunts, this is another crowd-pleasing entry in the saga, delivered at a brisk and flashy clip by director Olivier Megaton. Following the coercion of Ukrainian environmental official Leonid Vasilev (Jeroen Krabbe) into signing papers permitting the shipping of toxic materials into a harbour by criminal mastermind Johnson (Robert Knepper), Frank Martin is forced into accepting the job of driving Vasilev's kidnapped daughter, Valentina (Natalya Rudakova)--acting as human collateral--from Marseilles to the Black Sea coastal city of Odessa. On the chance the Martin should attempt to flee, Johnson has rigged him with a bracelet that will detonate if he strays more than 75 feet from his car. When Valentina is intercepted by a rival group, Martin will have to push his Audi M8 to the limit to complete his mission and ensure his own survival. <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>The TRANSPORTER films require copious amounts of suspension of disbelief, but then again, one doesn't hope they will strictly adhere to the laws of physics. The third volume provides ample thrills, not the least of which is the sight of a car driving off a bridge onto a moving train. Plenty of screen time is also given to Statham's superhumanly chiselled torso, while freckled Rudakova's unconventional beauty balances out the sex appeal. In the end, Statham's undeniable likeability propels the film, and his chemistry in a handful of scenes with François Berleand, returning as Inspector Tarconi, provides some nice comic moments.
- Leading Role 1Robert Knepper
- Director 1Olivier Megaton
- Leading Role 2Jason Statham
- Leading Role 3Francois Berleand
- Additional Roles byJeroen Krabbe,Eriq Ebouaney,David Atrakchi,Natalya Rudakova,Alex Kobold,Yann Sundberg
- ProducerLuc Besson,Steven Chasman
- ScreenwriterLuc Besson,Robert Mark Kamen
- Score ComposerAlexandre Azaria
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2009
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time100 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- babstrain2320 Jun, 2016by
Brill action movie
Jason statham never fails to entertain, great action. Can't wait to watch more of his movies!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- jamielopezjunio...13 Oct, 2012by
the transporter 3 is a fantastic movie and was in fine working order and played perfectly. all 3 of the transporter movies are brilliant and would recommend to anybody who hasn't seen them that are a must watch
- alanmrt196628 Nov, 2011by
excellent part of the trilogy jason stathom at his very best very gripping and entertaining movie fantastic action from start to finish
- mrstraw00718 Aug, 2011by
Great fast action film.
Another fast action film starring Jason Statham. If you liked Transporter 1 and 2 then you equally enjoy this one!
- margaret1461-20...20 Jul, 2011by
good value for money
i bought this dvd for my husband as he loves JASON STATHAM films.it is a good film to watch so i would recommend it.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £5.94Trending at £10.35
- £16.85Trending at £19.49
- £8.85Trending at £13.98
- £6.44Trending at £9.98
- £5.94Trending at £10.00
- £5.95Trending at £6.99
- £19.54Trending at £20.70