All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at education in the context of several distinct travelling groups including Circus, Fairground and New Travellers. Cathy Kiddle argues that education is important for Traveller children in that it enables them to develop into independent learners and, through this, independent people, able to speak for themselves.
- Author BiographyCathy Kiddle first became aware of the issue of education for travelling children while touring with a theatre company in the early 1970s. She began to work with Gypsy and Traveller families in London in 1976, and since then has continued this work as a teacher in Devon. In 1997 she was invited to be a member of the government's Advisory Group on Raising Ethnic Minority Pupil Achievement, and at present she is the co-ordinator of Devon Consortium Traveller Education Service.
- Author(s)Cathy Kiddle
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleChildren in Charge
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.69
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £7.65Trending at £7.92
- £9.85Trending at £11.86
- £5.02Trending at £6.52
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.