Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.49Free P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 1 Feb
Save on a similar product
Shop for a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's TREASURE ISLAND, Disney presents a fantastic space adventure. Jim Hawkins (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a teenage boy with a taste for adventure who seems to always be in trouble, much to the chagrin of his hardworking mother (Laurie Metcalf). But when he comes into possession of a high-tech map leading to Treasure Planet where an ancient cache of jewels and gold lies buried, it's like a dream come true. His mother's friend Doctor Doppler (David Hyde Pierce) arranges for a ship, and the two set sail, traversing the universe on course for the treasure. Captain Amelia (Emma Thompson), a domineering feline, is in charge of a rough-and-tumble crew of odd creatures, who may have their own designs on the treasure. Jim is placed under the supervision of John Silver (Brian Murray), the cook, who is both his father figure and his adversary. Slowly but surely the ship makes its way toward its destination, as Jim comes of age, learning to follow his heart, do what's right, and be a leader.
With stunning computer animation that combines both space and sea elements, TREASURE PLANET called upon the skills of 350 artists, animators, and technicians. The result is dazzling, colorful, and fast-moving, with some very realistic-looking creatures including variations on spiders, robots, and whales.
- Video Trailer
- Leading Role 1Brian Murray
- Director 1Ron Clements
- Additional Roles byEmma Thompson
- Director 2John Musker
- ProducerRoy Conli
- ScreenwriterAlex Mann,Sam Levine
- Score ComposerJames Newton Howard
- Voice byMartin Short,Patrick McGoohan,Roscoe Lee Browne,Joseph Gordon-Levitt,Michael Wincott,Emma Thompson,Laurie Metcalf,David Hyde Pierce,Brian Murray
- AuthorRobert Louis Stevenson
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2003
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time91 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- marcusrowland002 Nov, 2014by
Pirates... In... Spaaaaaaaaace!
Treasure Planet is a fun movie - basically the Stevenson pirate story that gave fiction most of its pirate tropes, Treasure Island, but set aboard a spacefaring galleon instead of a normal ship. Animation allows alien crew members, a mixture of humanoids and more extreme aliens. There's an unfortunate tendency for the latter to be the villains; most of the humanoids are good guys, even Long John Silver (a humanoid cyborg) isn't entirely evil, but the real aliens are almost all monsters. One thing I liked was the style with which it handles the "sailing ship in space" aspect of the story. An earlier film, the live-action Treasure Island in Space, had the ship as a flying saucer with "light sails" on top - this version is basically a mixture of wood and high tech, with no explanation of how the characters can breathe and survive in space. You have to assume VERY advanced technology mimicking a more primitive look and feel, but for me that actually works better. The plot is reasonably faithful to the original story, with the addition of a romantic subplot between the doglike humanoid Doctor Dopplar (the sponsor of the expedition, a substitute for the original's Squire Trelawney) and catlike Captain Amelia (voiced by Emma Thompson). As may be apparent, I liked this a lot - it made me cringe a lot less than most Disney remakes of classics, and moves at a reasonable pace without endless pauses for songs etc. It generally seems to be pretty cheap. I should probably add that I have no idea how much kids will like it, but I'd guess it will go down reasonably well. Read full review
- dhar656008 Jul, 2014by
Fantastic, and great value for money
This film was a great purchase, and has become a great family film to watch. My son has watched it many times, and I would recommend it to anyone. Worth every penny, a family classic!!
- robsarahcarolem...10 Nov, 2011by
great family fun good value for money cant go wrong with this film
great film for girls and boys alike its adventure all the way good for family bonding days.its about finding a treasure map and going on a hunt through space and all the adventures and people you meet on the way .great fun .
- fca963be43bede4...19 Sep, 2011by
Good family film
I really enjoyed this DVD. My son was not interested in it at first but he started watching it with me and didn't move until the end of the film. We love films like this and I would recommend this to anyone who also likes Disney films. It is full of adventure and the story line is very entertaining. All in all its a good family film.
- watfordsteve11 Aug, 2011by
On the money with this space/pirate adventure
What a fantastic film. My 3 year old daughter thought it was great. Probably some scary bits for younger children (one of the deckhands is a giant spider!). It lacks the sharp wit of other films in this genre but, never the less, still enjoyable with it's mix of cartoon and CGI. I would thoroughly recommend it.
Best selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £13.90Trending at £16.86
- £11.95Trending at £13.93
- £11.25Trending at £12.74
- £9.00Trending at £9.91
- £5.69Trending at £6.06
- £22.95Trending at £25.13
- £4.99Trending at £8.08