All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the best reviewed books of 2013, also shortlisted for the 2013 Costa Biography Award, now available in paperback
- Author BiographyOlivia Laing's first book, To the River, was described as 'sublime' by the Times, 'magical' by the Telegraph and 'deeply intelligent' by the Literary Review. It was a book of the year in the Evening Standard, Independent and Financial Times and was shortlisted for the Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize and the Dolman Travel Book of the Year. The Trip to Echo Spring was shortlisted for the 2013 Costa Biography Award, the 2014 Transmission Prize and the Gordon Burn Prize, was widely reviewed and was also a book of the year in The Times, Observer, Metro, Economist and Times Literary Supplement. Olivia is the former Deputy Books Editor of the Observer and writes for a variety of publications, including the Observer, New Statesman, Guardian and Times Literary Supplement. She is a 2011 MacDowell Fellow and has received awards from the Arts Council and the Authors' Foundation. She was also awarded the 2014 Eccles Foundation Writer in Residence at the British Library.
- PrizesShortlisted for Costa Biography Award 2014.
- Author(s)Olivia Laing
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white), map (black and white)
- Weight240 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.22
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £4.43Trending at £4.87
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £22.20Trending at £23.35
- £14.54Trending at £15.19
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.