All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn account of the socioeconomic disease of tuberculosis in the second half of the nineteenth century and in the twentieth century, up to the discovery of the successful combination of anti-tuberculosis medicines in the 1950s that relegated tuberculosis to the margins of medicine in the developed world.
- Author BiographyZvonka Zupanic Slavec, PhD, is a physician, medical historian, and professor of the history of medicine at the School of Medicine in Ljubljana. She has already written several other scholarly books on medicine, and her books have been published by the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts Press as well as Springer Publishing. Zupanic Slavec completed the bachelor's program in medicine in 1984 at the School of Medicine in Ljubljana, where she also earned a master's degree and a PhD, both in the interdisciplinary areas of social medicine and the history of medicine. After working for some time at various healthcare institutions and at the Ljubljana Medical Center, in 1987 she accepted a position at the Institute for the History of Medicine at the University of Ljubljana's School of Medicine. She has led the institute since 1992, holds a professorship in the history of medicine, and lectures on the history of medicine and history of dentistry. Her technical, research, and journalism work addresses various areas, and especially focuses on the history of medicine in Slovenia in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, about which she writes scholarly articles and longer works on the history of medicine. She also publishes extensively in technical journals and contributes to radio and television broadcasts. Her education has included postgraduate study in Vienna, Padua, Prague, London, and Seattle.
- Author(s)Zvonka Zupanic Slavec
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication17/02/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight970 g
- Width210 mm
- Height290 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.50
- £9.85Trending at £10.66
- £16.99Trending at £18.09
- £7.78Trending at £8.38
- £12.34Trending at £13.28
- £12.76Trending at £13.28
- £4.98Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.