All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at the design and development of the Tupolev Tu-22 Blinder up to the introduction of the type M Backfire. Details of construction, weapon systems, photo-reconnaissance and jamming equipment are included to cover the variant models. Operational use is explained and the text includes many first-hand accounts from Russian aircrew of the period.
- Author BiographySergey Burdin's previous military experience in the Russian Air Force gives him the edge in that he has 'first-hand' experience of the aircraft and its operation. Additionally, Burdin has recently compiled a comprehensive record of accidents and crashes involving the Tu-22 during its service life. This includes full descriptions of the circumstances and causes of the accidents, with blame apportioned to the 'guilty party/parties' in each case. This is quite unusual for Russian military aircraft accidents. Alan Dawes is a main contributor to the international aviation press and his Russian linguistic skills have enabled him to bring to light a great deal of recently published Soviet aviation history. He is a major contributor to Air Forces Monthly.
- Author(s)Alan E. Dawes,Sergey Burdin
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2005
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeo Cooper Ltd
- Content NoteApprox 100 - colour and mono, plus 50 line drawings and 20 colour prof
- Weight980 g
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.98
- £14.58Trending at £21.08
- £14.24Trending at £15.21
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £9.85Trending at £10.45
- £10.82Trending at £15.40
- £16.99Trending at £17.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.