All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to make a contribution to historical scholarship on Turkey by focusing on its key foundational myth, the battle of Manzikert in 1071.
- Author BiographyCarole Hillenbrand is Honorary Professorial Fellow, Professor Emerita at the University of Edinburgh. In 2005 she became the first non-Muslim scholar to be awarded the prestigious King Faisal International Prize for Islamic Studies, reflecting her 'revolutionary approach to the largely one-sided subject of the Crusades'. She is author of The Crusades (EUP, 1999), The Waning of the Umayyad Caliphate (Albany, 1989), A Muslim Principality in Crusader Times (Brill, 1990), and co-editor (with C. E. Bosworth) of Qajar Iran, (Edinburgh, 1984) and editor of The Sultan's Turret (Brill, 1999).
- Author(s)Carole Hillenbrand
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2007
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note20 colour illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.