All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book duplicates historic discoveries in astronomy, from the Moon's Tycho crater, through Galileo's observation of Jupiter's moons and outward to nebulae, stars and galaxies. Shows where each object is and how best to observe it with simple equipment.
- Author BiographyDr. Marett-Crosby obtained both an MA and PhD from the university of Oxford. After working as a pastoral counselor in academia and in the UK prison service (as a counselor and educator), he became, in 2005, a full-time writer working from his home on the channel island of Jersey. His published books include The Conversion of England (Abbey Press 1998); the majority of Doing Business with Benedict (Continuum 2002). His most recent project is a novel, Two Thirds Man, which is currently with agents. Parts of this novel have already won national short story prizes. He speaks and writes on astronomical subjects, and believes practical astronomy is important in building bridges between science and the liberal arts. A lifelong student of astronomy, he has been an enthusiastic amateur astronomer for most of his life, and is fortunate to be able to view the night sky from the enviable viewpoint of the UK's southernmost outpost.
- Author(s)Michael Robert Marett-Crosby
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations, 83 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight596 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £9.57Trending at £9.90
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £11.60Trending at £11.96
- £11.64Trending at £13.47
- £3.58Trending at £5.49
- £12.58Trending at £15.90
- £9.52Trending at £11.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.