All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Africa boasts the largest private security sector in the entire world, reflecting deep anxieties about violence, security, and governance. This book shows how their policing practices imultaneously undermine and support the state, resulting in actions that are neither public nor private, but something in between, something twilight .
- Author BiographyTessa G. Diphoorn has done extensive research on private security in South Africa, and more recently also in Kenya, Jamaica, and Israel. She is currently Assistant Professor at the Department of Cultural Anthropology at Utrecht University.
- Author(s)Tessa G. Diphoorn
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus.
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £4.94Trending at £5.25
- £10.25Trending at £11.41
- £6.16Trending at £6.48
- £11.50Trending at £13.59
- £10.87Trending at £13.87
- £9.95Trending at £12.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.