All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the years following World War-II, the combination of prosperity, a renewed love affair with the automobile, and the availability of commercial air travel contributed to the dwindling number of rail travellers. This title recounts the demise of the pre-Amtrak passenger train. It uncovers the reasons behind the disappearance of these trains.
- Author BiographyFred W. Frailey is author of Southern Pacific's Blue Streak Merchandise; Rolling Thunder; and Zephyrs, Chiefs & Other Orphans.
- Author(s)Fred W. Frailey
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- GenreTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitleRailroads Past & Present
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note21 color illus., 126 b&w illus., 41 maps
- Weight1271 g
- Width284 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Expanded edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.