All listings for this product
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.32
- £14.58Trending at £20.77
- £10.50Trending at £14.30
- £8.42Trending at £9.85
- £14.07Trending at £15.02
- £10.82Trending at £13.53
- £9.99Trending at £10.30
About this product
- DescriptionA history of tyranny from Achilles to today's jihadists, this volume shows why tyrannical temptation is a permanent danger.
- Author BiographyWaller R. Newell is Professor of Political Science and Philosophy at Carleton University, Ottawa, where he helped found and also teaches in the College of the Humanities, Canada's only four-year baccalaureate in the Great Books. He has held a National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship for University Teachers and a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Postdoctoral Fellowship. His books include Tyranny: A New Interpretation (Cambridge, 2013); The Soul of a Leader: Character, Conviction and Ten Lessons in Political Greatness; and The Code of Man: Love, Courage, Pride, Family, Country. He served on the first Reagan Administration transition team in the areas of humanitarian affairs and human rights. He received his PhD in Political Science from Yale University, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Waller R. Newell
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2016
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.