All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Trimiko Melancon
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5499 mm
- Spine585 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents Acknowledgments Introduction: Disrupting Dissemblance 1 New World Black and New World Woman : Or, Beyond the Classical Black Female Script 2 Toward an Aesthetic of Transgression: Ann Allen Shockley's Loving Her and the Politics of Same-Gender Loving 3 Negotiating Cultural Politics 4 That Way Lies Madness : Sexuality, Violent Excess, and Perverse Desire 5 Between a Rock and a Hard Place : Gloria Naylor's The Women of Brewster Place Conclusion: Without Fear of Reprisals : Representation in the Age of Michelle Obama Notes Bibliography Index
- Author BiographyTrimiko Melancon is Assistant Professor of English, African American Studies, and Women's Studies at Loyola University New Orleans.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.86Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.