All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this thought provoking and original work Lucy Corkin demonstrates how Angola has been amongst the most successful of African nations to use China's involvement in the region to grow their economies and solicit renewed interest from previously disengaged foreign powers, bolstering their political capital.
- Author BiographyLucy Corkin is a Research Associate of the Africa-Asia Centre at School of African and Asian Studies (SOAS), University of London, from which institution she holds a PhD in Politics. She was previously Projects Director at Stellenbosch University's Centre for Chinese Studies (CCS) in South Africa. She was a visiting scholar at the Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro's BRICS Policy Centre. Lucy has participated in ground-breaking research on China's relations with African countries. She speaks English, Portuguese, French, Afrikaans, and Mandarin Chinese.
- Author(s)Lucy Corkin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/02/2013
- GenrePolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 10 b&w illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.