All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe poetry of the Heian court of Japan has typically been linked with the emergence of a distinct Japanese language and culture. Combining visual analysis of the calligraphy with which this poetry was transcribed, a more traditional textual analysis, and a review of the politics of the period, this book presents a view of Heian poetry and culture.
- Author BiographyThomas LaMarre is Professor of East Asian Studies at McGill University.
- Author(s)Thomas Lamarre
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication20/03/2000
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAsia-Pacific: Culture, Politics, and Society
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £10.28Trending at £11.95
- £9.19Trending at £9.37
- £6.27Trending at £7.69
- £8.77Trending at £9.25
- £7.79Trending at £8.15
- £4.00Trending at £6.98
- £7.56Trending at £8.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.