All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Turkic Muslims from Central Asia, the Uighur have faced disadvantages in China. This title offers an insight into conflicts resulting from the rise of Islamic fundamentalism and the Chinese government's oppression of religious minorities that have heightened the degree of polarization between the Uighur and a dominant Chinese ethnic group.
- Author BiographyBlaine Kaltman, who is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and spent five years in China, holds an MS in criminal justice from the University of Tennessee and a PhD in sociology from the University of Queensland. He traveled extensively throughout China and wrote for That's Shanghai.
- Author(s)Blaine Kaltman
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2007
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOhio RIS Global Series
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Monographs in International Studies
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight213 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5499 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.42
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.