All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- Author(s)Michael A. Hitt,R. Duane Ireland,Robert E. Hoskisson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2010
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour line drawings, colour tables, figures
- Weight480 g
- Width204 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement3rd International edition
- Table Of Contents1. The Foundations of Strategic Management. 2. Leading Strategically. 3. Analyzing the External Environment. 4. Analyzing the Firm. 5. Business-Level Strategy. 6. Multi-Product Strategies. 7. Acquiring and Integrating Businesses. 8. Competing Across Borders. 9. Creating and Maintaining Alliances. 10. Innovating through Strategic Entrepreneurship.
- Author BiographyR. Duane Ireland is a University Distinguished Professor and holder of the Conn Chair in New Ventures Leadership in the Mays Business School, Texas A&M University. He teaches strategic management courses at all levels. He has more than 200 publications. His research, which focuses on diversification, innovation, corporate entrepreneurship, strategic entrepreneurship, and the informal economy, has been published in an array of journals. He has served as a member of multiple editorial review boards and is a former editor of the Academy of Management Journal. He has been a guest editor for 12 special issues of journals. He is a past president of the Academy of Management. Dr. Ireland is a fellow of the Academy of Management and a fellow of the Strategic Management Society. He is a research fellow in the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers and received an award in 1999 for Outstanding Intellectual Contributions to Competitiveness Research from the American Society for Competitiveness. He received the Falcone Distinguished Entrepreneurship Scholar Award from Syracuse University in 2005, the USASBE Scholar in Corporate Entrepreneurship Award from USASBE in 2004, and the Riata Distinguished Entrepreneurship Scholar award from Oklahoma State University in 2014. He received awards for the best article published in Academy of Management Executive (1999), the Academy of Management Journal (2000), and the Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship (2010). He received an Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Award for Research from Texas A&M University (2012). In 2014, Dr. Ireland was listed as a Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher (a listing of the world's most influential researchers), and he was also listed as one of The World's Most Influential Scientific Minds (a listing of the top cited researchers in science around the globe). Robert E. Hoskisson is the George R. Brown Chair of Strategic Management at the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University. He received his Ph.D. from the University of California-Irvine. Dr. Hoskisson's research topics focus on corporate governance, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate and international diversification, and cooperative strategy. He teaches courses in corporate and international strategic management, cooperative strategy, and strategy consulting. He has coauthored 26 books, including recent books on business strategic and competitive advantage. Professor Hoskisson has served on several editorial boards for such publications as the Strategic Management Journal (current Associate Editor), Academy of Management Journal (Consulting Editor), Journal of International Business Studies (Consulting Editor), Journal of Management (Associate Editor) and Organization Science. His research has appeared in over 130 publications, including the Strategic Management Journal, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Organization Science, Journal of Management, Academy of Management Perspective, Academy of Management Executive, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, California Management Review, and the Journal of World Business. He is a fellow of the Academy of Management and a charter member of the Academy of Management Journal's Hall of Fame. He is also a fellow of the Strategic Management Society and has received awards from the American Society for Competitiveness and the William G. Dyer Alumni award from the Marriott School of Management, Brigham Young University. He completed three years of service as Representative-at-Large for the Board of Governors of the Academy of Management and currently serves as Past President and is on the Executive Committee of Board of Directors of the Strategic Management Society. Michael Hitt is a University Distinguished Professor Emeritus at Texas A&M University and a Distinguished Researc
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.