All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Crime and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byGeetanjali Gangoli,Nadia Aghtaie
- Table Of ContentsPart 1: Introduction: Definitions and debates on Gender Based Violence 1. Key Issues: Researching Gender Based Violence, Nadia Aghtaie & Geetanjali Gangoli 2. Theorising male power and violence against women: revisiting Millett's Sexual Politics, Marianne Hester Part 2: Researching Gender Based Violence: Methodological Challenges Introduction 3. Concepts, Contexts and Consequences: Methodological insights into researching young people's experiences of IPV, Christine Barter 4. Developing Rapport: The Ethics of 'Reciprocity', Karen Morgan 5. Developing survey measures of attitudes to domestic violence amongst young people in India, LynnMarie Sardinha & Eldin Fahmy Part 3: Researching Gender Based Violence in the UK Introduction 6. Feminist Activism in Movement: UK activism against VAW, Finn Mackay 7. Views and Experiences: Young Men, Masculinity and Gendered Interpersonal Violence, Melanie McCarry 8. Gender, power and the translation of English prostitution policy, Natasha Mulvihill 9. Double Jeopardy: Disabled women's experiences of domestic violence, Ravi K. Thiara & Gill Hague 10. Heterosexual men as victims of domestic violence and abuse: Prevalence, Help-seeking, and challenges to feminist theoretical frameworks, Emma Williamson Part 4: Researching Gender Based Violence in International Contexts Introduction 11. Men as women's guardians: domestic violence in Iran, Nadia Aghtaie 12. Strategic co-option'? Indian feminists, the State and legal activism on domestic violence, Geetanjali Gangoli & Martin Rew 13. Abuse Along the Margins: Gender Based Violence During Displacement, Natasha Price 14. Domestic Violence in China: A Focus on A Health Impact, Qihua Ye.
- Author BiographyNadia Aghtaie is a lecturer in gender based violence at the Centre for Gender and Violence Research at the School for Policy Studies, University of Bristol. She is currently working on a European comparative study on violence in young people's intimate relationships. Prior to this she has conducted a number of other research projects, such as comparative research on gender-based violence in Iran and the UK, Criminal and Civil Codes of Iran in relation to domestic violence and rape. Geetanjali Gangoli is Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Gender and Violence Research, School for Policy Studies, University of Bristol. She has extensive research experience and has published widely on Indian feminist movements; domestic violence, forced marriage and crimes in the name of honour in the UK, and has also worked on gender based violence in China.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.69
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.