All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book offers a frank account of an African state that shook off colonial rule but has yet to see the fruits of independence distributed evenly among its people. Drawing on inside knowledge of SWAPO, the anti-colonial liberation movement, the author provides a valuable case study of nation building in the modern era.
- Author BiographyHenning Melber joined SWAPO as the son of German immigrants in 1974. He was Director of the Namibian Economic Policy Research Unit (NEPRU) in Windhoek, Research Director of The Nordic Africa Institute and Executive Director of The Dag Hammarskjold Foundation, both in Uppsala. He is Senior Advisor to the Foundation and Extraordinary Professor at the Universities of Pretoria and of the Free State in Bloemfontein.
- Author(s)Henning Melber
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £21.66Trending at £25.99
- £23.26Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.